Operational Changes due to COVID-19
Effective: Sept. 10, 2021
Dear Groveport Recreation Center Members & Patrons,
Welcome: Due to circumstances surrounding COVID-19, a number of modifications were initially made to the facility, operations, programs and policies & procedures. Many of those modifications have now been eliminated as mandates were eliminated on June 2, 2021.
Facility Hours: Please visit www.groveportrec.com for hours.
Members & Day Pass Patrons: Both Members and Day Pass Patrons may utilize the facility. Please see Facility Rules for further information. Persons registered for classes & programs may also use the facility during the day/time that their class/program is scheduled.
Face Coverings: Effective Sept. 10, 2021 and until further notice, all GRC patrons are required to wear a face covering when entering and exiting the facility, regardless of vaccination status. Face coverings will not be required when a patron is actively engaged in exercise or showering in the facility. CURRENT EXCEPTION: Persons who cannot safely wear a face covering due to a medical condition. - Thank you for doing your part to curb the spread of COVID-19.
Arrival: When you arrive at the facility, please conduct a self-assessment prior to entry. A Symptom Check Sign is posted outside of the facility for you to reference. If you have a fever 100.4 F or greater, are experiencing symptoms or have been exposed to COVID-19, DO NOT ENTER.
Social Distancing: Patrons are encouraged to social distance when possible.
Locker Rooms: Locker Rooms are fully open, including showers.
Restrooms: Restrooms are open. Storage Cubbies at Fitness Center: The cubbies are open.
Lost & Found: Only IDs, keys, wallets, purses, cell phones or jewelry will be secured for temporary safe keeping.
Fans: All fans are fully operational.
Fitness Center: Many pieces of equipment have been relocated to our lobby and East Gym A.
Youth Fitness Orientations: Youth Fitness Orientations are available for 13 & 14 year olds.
SilverSneakers Orientations: Our staff will provide you with a written orientation at registration. All questions regarding SilverSneakers should be directed to Ebonee Green (Admin. Asst.) at 614-836-1000 ext. 1504 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gymnasiums: Gyms are fully operational and there are no restrictions for general play. Please follow posted gym schedules for varying age groups.
Track: The 1/10 mile indoor track is open for both walking and jogging. Please follow all posted signs.
Elevator: The elevator is fully operational. Ride at your own risk.
Indoor Pool – General/Leisure Pool:
- Use indoor pool at your own risk. Reservations are not required and will not be accepted.
- Contrary to popular belief, the COVID-19 can be spread in a pool environment as your face is exposed any time your head is out of the water.
- Face masks are NOT permitted while in the water.
- Please refer to the Indoor Pool Schedule as there will be times where the General/Leisure Pool may not be available due to aquatic programming, etc.
- Questions should be directed to Seth Bower (Aquatics Mgr.) at email@example.com / 614-836-1000 ext. 1510.
Indoor Pool – Lap Lanes:
- 2 users per lane maximum (first come - first served). Please circle swim.
- Lap lanes are designated for swimming. Walking should take place in the leisure pool.
- Numbered waiting chairs are located along the deep end side of the pool. Please move to a new chair as space becomes available.
- Please refer to the Indoor Pool Schedule as there will be times where there will be less lap lanes available due to aquatic programming, etc.
Kiddin’ Around Room: The Kiddin’ Around Room, which has provided babysitting services, will NOT be open for the time being.
Rock Climbing Wall: The rock climbing wall will NOT be open for the time being.
Drinking Fountains and Vending Machines: Drinking fountains and vending machines are now available for your use.
Televisions: Television stations have been pre-set by staff and may NOT be changed.
Magazines: Magazines have been removed from the facility. Please bring your own magazine for your reading pleasure.
Birthday Party Packages: The Recreation Department is currently NOT offering Birthday Party Packages at this time.
Personal Training: If you are a client of one of our Personal Trainers, please contact him/her to schedule your sessions. Contact information is available at www.groveportrec.com. Group Personal Training Sessions are available (1 trainer: 2 clients).
Fitness Classes: Please see our website for a Group Fitness Class Schedule. Due to COVID-19, the GRC has had to implement some new policies and procedures regarding our fitness classes.
- Classes are open to both GRC members and non-members.
- Pre-registration is required for classes taught by Ann Neu & Ronni Williams. Registration is accepted both online at www.groveportrec.com and in-person.
- Registration opens 2-weeks prior to class offering and closes 24-hours before the class begins. Exception: If the class has met its minimum enrollment requirement and space is still available in the class, on-site drop-in registration will remain open until full. $2 additional fee for day of class on-site registration.
- ON-LINE REGISTRATION: Only credit/debit card and gift card payments are accepted.
- IN-PERSON ADVANCE REGISTRATION: Only credit/debit card and gift cards are accepted. Cash will only be accepted if minimum for class has already been met.
- IN-PERSON DAY OF REGISTRATION: Credit/debit card, gift card and cash will be accepted. $2 additional fee for day of class registration. Fitness/Zumba Passes are only accepted for Kathy Frank’s classes, Sara Denune’s classes and Tai Chi classes.
- Classes must meet a minimum enrollment to take place.
- In the event that a class does not meet the minimum enrollment required, registered persons will be notified and refunds will be applied to credit/debit card.
- No refunds or transfers will be available if you fail to attend a class.
- Do not arrive any sooner than 5-minutes prior to your class time.
- Please check-in for your class at the front desk.
- Questions should be directed to Kelly Carter (Aquatics Coordinator) at 614-836-1000 ext. 1512 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pre-Registration is required for all fitness classes with the following exceptions:
EXCEPTION 1: If you are taking a class led by Kathy Frank, Sara Denune or Bonnie Coleman you may register for the class on the day of the class. Cash, credit/debit card, gift card and Fitness/Zumba Freedom Passes may be used. $2 additional fee for day of class registration does not apply.
EXCEPTION 2: Per SilverSneakers, the GRC is not permitted to register in advance for SilverSneakers classes. For non-SilverSneakers participants, cash, credit/debit card, gift card and Fitness Freedom Passes may be used. $2 additional fee for day of class registration does not apply.
On-Line Registration: If you are a Groveport Resident or Groveport Recreation Center Member, please stop by the front desk of the Recreation Center so our staff can provide you with a specific Username and Password. Individuals will need a valid Driver License or State ID Card accompanied by a Groveport Water Bill, another utility bill or tax bill in order to verify residency. This extra step will allow you to receive resident rates for our programs. For questions regarding registration, contact Ebonee Green at 614-836-1000.
If you are a non-resident, please visit our website at www.groveportrec.com, click on the red “Program Registration” button and follow the directions given. For questions regarding registration, contact Ebonee Green at 614-836-1000.
GROUP SWIM LESSONS – Please see our website for more information regarding levels offered and registration dates.
PRIVATE/SEMI-PRIVATE SWIM LESSONS – Please contact Seth Bower (Aquatics Manager) at 614-836-1000 ext. 1510 or email@example.com for more information. There is currently a long Waiting List for Private/Semi-Private Swim Lessons.
LIFEGUARD CERTIFICATION CLASSES – Please see our website for more information regarding classes.
SCUBA LESSONS – Please see our website for more information.
Leisure Programs & Special Events: Some programs have resumed. Please visit our website for more specific information or contact Kelly Carter (Aquatics Coordinator) at 614-836-1000 ext. 1512 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Youth & Adult Athletics: Some programs have resumed. Please visit our website for more specific information or contact Kelly Carter (Aquatics Coordinator) at 614-836-1000 ext. 1512 or email@example.com.
Room Rentals: Effective Sept. 10, 2021 and until further notice, rooms will be not be available for rent. Persons who have a current reservation will be permitted to keep their reservation. However, all patrons must follow the face covering requirement. Please contact Jeff Card (Customer Service Coordinator) at 614-836-1000 ext. 1506 / firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Ball Diamond Rentals/Reservations: Ball Diamond Rentals are available with the exception of tournaments. Please contact Jeff Card (Customer Service Coordinator) at 614-836-1000 ext. 1506 / email@example.com for more information.
Soccer Field Rentals/Reservations: Soccer Field Rentals are available with the exception of tournaments. The City does not rent soccer fields between June 1 and July 31. Please contact Kelly Carter (Aquatics Coordinator) at 614-836-1000 ext. 1512 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tennis Court Rentals/Reservations: At the present time, tennis court rentals are NOT available. Tennis courts may be used, but on a first come-first served basis. Please note that Recreation Department programming takes precedence.
Log House Rentals/Reservations: Effective Sept. 10, 2021 and until further notice, the Log House will not be available for rent. Persons who have a current reservation will be permitted to keep their reservation. However, all patrons must follow the face covering requirement. Please contact Jeff Card (Customer Service Coordinator) at 614-836-1000 ext. 1506 / email@example.com for more information.
Picnic Shelter Rentals/Reservations: Picnic shelters rentals are available. Please contact Jeff Card (Customer Service Coordinator) at 614-836-1000 ext. 1506 / firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Thank you for your continued cooperation!
Groveport Recreation Dept. Staff