Lifeguard Certification Classes 2021
THE GROVEPORT RECREATION DEPARTMENT IS STILL OFFERING THE AMERICAN RED CROSS LIFEGUARD CERTIFICATION CLASSES. INTERESTED PERSONS CAN START THE CLASS ONLINE. IN-WATER SKILL PORTIONS OF THE CLASS WILL BE SCHEDULED AT THE RECREATION CENTER. FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT SETH BOWER (AQUATICS MANAGER) AT email@example.com.
Are you at least 15 years of age? Good swimmer? Enjoy working around people? If so, you should consider getting your lifeguard certification and becoming a lifeguard with the Groveport Recreation Department. Questions should be directed to Seth Bower (Aquatics Manager) at 614-836-1000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are now hiring:
Click here to apply!
Why become a lifeguard with us?
- Work at our award winning pools.
- Receive a free membership to the Groveport Recreation Center and use the outdoor water park at no cost.
- Your immediate family members are eligible to receive the resident rate for memberships.
- Get your Lifeguard Certification Class fees reimbursed (certain criteria required).
- Free re-certification.
- Receive free staff uniforms, including bathing suit.
- We offer flexible scheduling.
- Provide amazing public service and get paid to do it.
- Stay fit and get fit.
- Work with like-minded people.
- Gain a skill that will come in handy the rest of your life.
- Work outside during the summer months.
- It’s challenging both mentally & physically
- Build your resume
- It’s fun
|Who:||15 years of age & older
(must be or older by last day of class)
|Jan. 1 Session:||Jan. 11 - 15||Register by: Jan. 4|
|Jan. 2 Session:||Jan. 25 - 29||Register by: Jan. 18|
|Feb. 1 Session:||Feb. 8 - 12||Register by: Feb. 1|
|Feb. 2 Session:||Feb. 22 - 26||Register by: Feb. 15|
|March 1 Session 1:||March 8 - 12||Register by: March 1|
|March 2 Session 2:||March 22 - 26||Register by: March 15|
|Times:||Mon. - Fri., 4 PM - 8 PM
Free Skills Training Available:
Our staff will help you prepare for the Lifeguarding Class. These sessions are NOT mandatory, but are meant to provide you with an opportunity to learn and practice the Lifeguard Pre-Requisites with our staff.
Please contact Seth Bower at Sbower@groveport.org to set up the free skills training.
- 100 yards of front crawl using rhythmic breathing and stabilizing propellant kick
- 100 yards of breaststroke using a pull, breathe, kick and glide sequence
- 100 yards of either front crawl using rhythmic breathing or breaststroke
- Tread water for 2-minutes without the use of hands or arms
- Swim 20 yards using front crawl or breaststroke, surface dive to a depth of 12 feet, retrieve a 10 pound object, return to the surface and swim back to the starting point with the object and exit the pool without using a ladder or steps (all performed within 1 minute and 40 seconds)