Admission, Age & Height Requirements / Rules
EFFECTIVE: June 2, 2021. Both Members and Day Pass Patrons may utilize the facility. Please see Facility Rules for further information. Persons registered for classes and programs may also use the facility during the day/time that their class is scheduled.
Admission Requirements (Daily Check-In Process for Non-Pass Holders)
- Non-Pass Holder adults are required to pay the daily fee or provide a day pass and scan their driver license or state issued I.D. card at the front desk prior to using the facility. Date and time of entry will be tracked.
High School Students
- Non-Pass Holder high school students are required to pay the daily fee or provide a day pass and scan their driver license or leave their high school I.D. Card at the front desk prior to using the facility.
Resident ID Cards
- If you have a valid Resident I.D. Card, you will be asked to swipe your card under our card reader so we can verify your residency and capture the date and time of your visit and then pay the daily fee.
- Non-Pass Holders will also sign the Guest Registration Book.
- Day passes are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- A day pass is only valid for the day that it is used.
Age & Height Requirements
- Children under 10 years of age must be accompanied by an adult (18 years of age or over) who shall directly supervise the child during their visit. The GRC staff strongly recommends that parents escort their child into the facility to ensure that the desired activity is available.
- Children 5 years of age and under must have an adult with them in the facility at all times.
- Groups bringing children to the facility must have at least 1 adult for every 5 children.
- An adult must accompany and supervise children 12 years of age and under.
- Children under 10 years of age must be accompanied by a responsible adult (18 years of age or over) who shall directly supervise the child in the pool.
- Children under 5 years of age must have an adult (18 years of age or older) within arms reach of them at all times.
- Groups bringing children to the indoor pool must have at least 1 adult for every 5 children and are responsible for the supervision of those children. Adults in swim attire must directly supervise children poolside.
- The frog slide is designed for children 10 years of age and under.
- Use of the lazy river is restricted to persons 42 inches and taller. Persons must also be able to swim unassisted to the exit.
- 13 - 14 year old pass holders must first complete an orientation and pass a written exam and may only utilize the fitness center when accompanied by their parent/legal guardian. The parent/legal guardian must be in the immediate vicinity within the fitness center. 13 - 14 year olds may not utilize the Olympic Bench Press, Smith Machine and Hammer Strength machines. 13 - 14 year old non-pass holders may not utilize the fitness center.
- Persons 15 years of age and older may utilize all pieces of the equipment in the fitness center.
- Climbers must be at least 5 years of age, weight at least 40 lbs. and have sufficient strength and coordination to climb. Prior to using the wall, 5 year olds must meet with the Recreation Coordinator for pre-approval.
- Children under 5 years of age must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Children 6 years of age and older must use gender appropriate locker room or Family Locker Room.
Prior to your visit, please read our Groveport Recreation Center Rules & Pass Policies so that there are no surprises.
GRC Rules and Pass Policies