Hours / Features / FAQs
Senior Center Monthly Calendar of Activities
The Groveport Senior Center is open for drop in activities for members.
Office Hours are normally Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. If you have business with staff, please call ahead as there will be times when staff is out of the building performing work duties.
If you have a question, please contact Lisa Zurbriggen (Senior Services Manager)
at 614-836-4599 or email her at email@example.com
The beautiful Groveport Senior Center opened in January of 2004 and is located next to the Groveport Recreation Center. At the Groveport Senior Center you will enjoy the welcoming gathering space, a full kitchen, creative arts studio, lounge with television & comfortable leather furniture, an activities room with a billiards lounge, shuffle board and lots of space for meals, game playing and special events.
Our members enjoy a variety of programs and activities such as our congregate lunches, chair volleyball, exercise & dance classes, billiards, bingo & board games, card games, arts & crafts, seasonal celebration parties, life long learning events, health & wellness screenings and events, local day trips & overnight trips to places far and near!
Frequently Asked Questions
- How old must a person be to join the Senior Center?
- A person must be a minimum of 55 years of age.
- What types of activities are offered at the Senior Center?
- A variety of activities and programs such as social gathering events, luncheons, the arts, education, exercise, and travel.
- What does a membership cost and what do I get for the membership?
- The membership fee is $10 per year. With your membership you get access to all the great programming at the Senior Center facility.
- Is there a lunch program?
- Yes, there is a Thursday lunch program. The cost is $4 for the meal. Registration is required by 4:00 pm on the preceding Monday.
- Are non-residents welcome?
- Yes. All seniors 55+ are welcome to join!
- What are the hours?
- Typical office hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm.
- I noticed that the door is locked. How do I get into the facility?
- When a person becomes a member, he/she is issued an ID card with an access button. Simply wave the button over the sensor and the door will open for you. Non-members must ring the door bell and have the door opened by staff or a Senior Center member.
- How do I get a Senior Center Parking Sticker?
- In order to obtain a parking sticker for the Permit Parking Spaces in front of the Senior Center, a a patron must be a member in good standing and be an active program participant (attend programs at least once per week) at the Senior Center. A parking sticker will only be issued after staff has consistently observed patron participating in programs. Parking stickers can be revoked as necessary. After a parking sticker has been issued, patron may park in the reserved spaces when he/she is participating in a program at the Senior Center. Please do not utilize the reserved parking spaces while utilizing the Groveport Recreation Center.
- Do you have any information regarding transportation services that might be available to a Groveport senior?
- The Groveport Senior Transportation Program promotes the continuation of an independent lifestyle for individuals aged 60 and older or disabled, through dependable door to door transportation for residents of the City of Groveport. The program assists in decreasing clients' dependence on family members and friends and increases opportunities for independent mobility. For more information, contact Lisa Zurbriggen (Senior Services Manager) at 614-836-7433 or firstname.lastname@example.org