Outings for Large Groups
Thank you for considering the Groveport Aquatic Center for your group’s excursion or special event. Organized groups (consisting of 20 or more persons) must schedule their visit at least one week in advance and must adhere to our Group Use Policies during their visit. Groups arriving at the facility without prior authorization may be turned away at the gate. The City of Groveport reserves the right to limit the number of groups at the facility on any given day.
Group Use Policies:
- Group Leader must check-in at the front desk (do not wait in line) by 11:45 AM. Late arrivals are not guaranteed entry due to capacity limits.
- While the Group Leader is checking-in, other adult leaders in your group should watch over the group members, but not in line entry line. A member of our staff will then meet with your group to collect day passes, provide wristbands, review rules & policies, etc. Each person in the party will be given an identifiable group wrist band that must be worn during the entire visit.
- Monitoring your children remains your responsibility even when a lifeguard is present.
- Groups (consisting of 20 or more persons) MUST have at least 1 adults (18 years of age or older) for every 5 children. No more than 50 children may be in any one group.
- Adult leaders MUST wear matching colored shirts at all times so the children in your group can easily recognize their leaders.
- Adult leaders MUST be in swim attire and must directly supervise children poolside.
- Children under 5 years of age must have an adult (18 years of age or older) within arm’s reach of them at all times.
- Groups will be assigned an area in the facility (normally in the grass) in which to call their “home site” during their visit.
- Buses must be parked in the lower gravel lot.
- Group outings may not be scheduled on Saturdays, Sundays or holidays.
- All other rules apply. It is your responsibility to read and become familiar with our rules prior to your visit.
If you are bringing a group to the Groveport Aquatic Center, you are eligible to receive a discount off of our normal day pass rate. Everyone in your group must have a Day Pass to enter the facility.
|Type of Day Pass||Groveport Resident||Non-Resident|
|10 Day Passes||$70||$110|
|20 Day Passes||$140||$220|
|30 Day Passes||$210||$330|
|40 Day Passes||$280||$440|
|50 Day Passes||$350||$550|
We strongly recommend that you purchase the Group Rate Day Passes in advance. Passes are only sold at the Groveport Recreation Center. The City of Groveport accepts cash and credit card for Group Day Passes. Unused Day Passes are not refundable and do not expire. Proof of residency is required to receive Groveport Resident Rate.
Group Outing Application:
Please take a few moments and complete our Group Outing Application (PDF). After our staff has reviewed your group’s application for consideration, a member of our staff will contact you. Group Outing Application (PDF).
If you have questions, please contact Seth Bower (Aquatics Manager) at 614-836-1000 ext. 1510 or firstname.lastname@example.org.