Below you will find the current Rules for Parks, Ponds and the Leisure Path as well as Guidelines for Playground Equipment Use:
• Parks are open from dawn to dusk, unless noted below:
Degenhart Park - open from dawn until 10:00 p.m. during Eastern Daylight Savings Time and until dusk during Eastern Standard Time unless a special event is taking place and a later closing time is authorized and posted by the Administrator.
Veteran’s Park - open twenty-four hours per day if lighted.
Heritage Park - open from dawn until dusk, unless a special event is taking place and a later closing time is authorized and posted by the Administrator.
• Unauthorized motor vehicles (including but not limited to cars, trucks, motorcycles, mopeds, golf carts and motorized scooters) are prohibited. Persons with disabilities are premitted to use a motorized wheelchair or similar means for transportation.
• Only leashed pets are permitted (6 ft. leash max).
• Pet owners are required to remove of and dispose of their pet’s waste.
• Overnight parking, camping and golfing are prohibited unless approved by Administrator.
• Use of firearms, fireworks, BB guns, archery equipment, sling shots and paint guns and metal detectors are prohibited.
• A permit is required for athletic activities not affiliated with the Groveport Parks & Rec. Dept.
• Illegal and inappropriate conduct will not be tolerated.
• Amplified sound shall not interfere will other visitors, with the exception of City sponsored or permitted events.
• Dispose of litter in receptacle.
• Feeding of wildlife is prohibited.
• Any aircraft (including model-type), airships, hot-air balloons, ultra-lights and hand gliders may not ascend or descend in a park except in emergency or with the prior written consent of City Administrator.
• No person shall conduct, sponsor or promote a special event, concert, theater, athletic event/lesson or other public activity in a park without prior written consent of Administrator.
• Open fires, such as camp fires, are prohibited without the prior written consent of the Administrator. Cooking fires, which are contained in a barbeque, are permitted. Persons may bring their personal grill to use provided that it is not used under a picnic shelter. Anyone using a grill in the City's parks must ensure that all coals have cooled before leaving the park.
• All local, state & federal laws & ordinances apply.
• Boating, swimming, ice fishing, ice skating and walking on ice is prohibited, unless approved by Administrator.
• Persons 16 years of age and older must catch and release fish, except during two-week period of scheduled fish releases/stocking.
• Any bass or catfish under 16 inches in length must be released.
• Hunting or collecting of frogs, turtles, birds or other animals on park property is prohibited, unless otherwise authorized by State law.
• Seining (casting of fish nets for purpose of catching fish) is prohibited.
• Boating and operation of gas powered model boats is prohibited.
• All other state and federal wildlife statutes shall be applicable.
LEISURE PATH RULES
• All City Codes and State Ordinances will be enforced.
• Unauthorized motor vehicles (including but not limited to cars, trucks, motorcycles, mopeds, golf carts and motorized scooters) are prohibited. Persons with disabilities are permitted to use a motorized wheelchair or similar means for transportation.
• 15 mph speed limit.
• Keep right, pass on left.
• Give an audible signal when passing.
• Yield when entering and crossing path.
• Be courteous and predictable.
• Do not block the path.
• Pets must be walked off the path on a 6 ft. leash max.
Pedestrians and Runners:
• Watch for other path users and listen for audible signals.
• Allow faster runners to pass safely.
Cyclists and Skaters:
• Maintain safe speed and yield right of way to pedestrians.
• Slow down in congested areas or reduced visibility conditions.
• Ride single file.
GENERAL GUIDELINES FOR PLAYGROUND EQUIPMENT USE
• Adult supervision is highly recommended.
• Use common sense when playing on equipment.
• Inspect the play area before starting to play.
• If you notice any broken equipment or anything that may require immediate attention, please call the Groveport Parks & Recreation Dept. at 614-836-1000.
• Please always wear shoes when playing on the equipment as bare feet may cause injury.
• Please do not run on the equipment.
• Please do not push or shove other people on the equipment.
• Please do not ride the slides in a head first fashion.
• Please do not use the equipment when it is wet.
• Please do not ride bicycles, roller blades or skate boards on the equipment.
• Metal slides and/or metal equipment can become hot during the summer months.