GROVEPORT AQUATIC CENTER
- Rules 2013 -
The following rules have been developed and established for the benefit of all users and to ensure the safe and enjoyable operation of the Groveport Aquatic Center. Patrons are requested to cooperate with staff and to observe the rules. Patrons violating the rules are subject to the revocation of their swimming privileges. No refunds will be given. – Thank you.
GENERAL RULES & ADMISSION POLICIES
- It is your responsibility to read the rules and signs displayed throughout the facility. Persons that are directed to leave the premises for NOT following the rules are NOT eligible for any type of refund or pass. Depending on the severity of the offense, a patron may be indefinitely suspended.
- Cash refunds are NOT issued.
- To receive Groveport Resident Rate, you MUST provide a Groveport Parks & Recreation Department issued “Resident ID Card” (available at Groveport Recreation Center).
- Seasonal Pass & Resident ID Cards are not transferable. Patrons that are found in fraudulent use of an ID card are subject to removal from the facility and forfeiture of ID card. A $5.00 fee will be charged for any card that is reissued.
- All patrons MUST pay, provide a day pass or scan their seasonal pass card at the Cashier booth prior to entering the facility.
- The City of Groveport reserves the right to limit admissions due to safety concerns.
- According to the state of Ohio, the wearing of a lined bathing suit is no longer required in public swimming pools. However, certain rules pertaining to swim attire are in effect at this facility. Patrons are always encouraged to wear a lined bathing suit.
- Males – suit/shorts must have a drawstring and must cover one’s bottom & genitals. Suit/shorts must be worn on (not below) the waist. Underwear may NOT be visible. Soiled clothing, suits/shorts with holes/rips/tears, cut-offs, thongs & transparent fabric are NOT permitted.
- Females – swim wear needs to cover one’s bottom, genitalia & breasts. If shorts are worn, they must have a drawstring and cover one’s bottom & genitalia. Underwear may NOT be visible. Soiled clothing, suits/shorts with holes/rips/tears, cut-offs & transparent fabrics are NOT permitted. Bras (including sports bras) may only be worn if under a colored t-shirt.
- T-shirts may be worn by males & females, except when utilizing the slides & diving boards. Only “Rash Guard” (tight) shirts may be worn on the slides & diving boards. Be aware that a t-shirt can ride up on you, cover your face and cause a danger of drowning.
- Infants/children who are not toilet trained and adults who are incontinent must wear a clean diaper or disposable swim diaper covered by separate rubber/vinyl pants, all of which must fit snugly around the legs & waist and then covered with a bathing suit. If the diaper becomes soiled, this person must exit the pool immediately and may not return until he/she takes or has been given a soap shower and has been covered with a new diaper with clean rubber/vinyl pants.
- Patrons must follow rules. Violators will be subject to revocation of their seasonal pass and/or removal from the facility.
- Patrons shall not behave in a manner that jeopardizes the safety & health of themselves & others. Running, rough play, pushing, snapping of towels, acrobatics, dunking, or holding persons underwater, excessive noise, wrestling, fighting, use of abusive/profane language are NOT permitted.
No public display of affection (PDA).
- Socializing with or distracting lifeguards from their duties is NOT permitted. Refer all questions to the Manager-On-Duty.
- Spitting, spouting of water, blowing nose, urinating & defecating in the pool is NOT permitted.
- Prolonged underwater swimming or “breath holding” is NOT permitted.
- Persons who appear to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be refused admittance or directed to leave.
- The City of Groveport reserves the right to rule on any matter not specifically covered in the rules and to make any decision it deems necessary for the best interest of the City of Groveport.
- Outside food & drink, are NOT permitted, with the exception of bottled water, baby food/drinks. Coolers & glass containers are NOT permitted. The City of Groveport reserves the right to search one’s property.
- With the exception of water, food & drink may NOT be taken out of the concession area. Please dispose of your trash in the containers.
- Smoking, smokeless tobacco, alcohol, glass containers & gum are NOT permitted. Smoking is permitted in a designated area (a minimum of 25 feet away from the building).
- Swimming is only permitted when lifeguards are on duty. Only lifeguards are permitted in the lifeguard stands.
- Patrons are encouraged to place their personal items (e.g., duffel bags, purses, etc.) in a locker. A patron shall be charged $10 for any locker key that is lost. The City is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Valuables may NOT be checked and held by our staff.
- Diving into the water from the sides of the pool is NOT permitted.
- A patron may only use one lounge chair.
- Patrons may bring their own lounge chairs.
- Chairs must remain outside of the actual pool.
- Shade canopies may be brought into the facility provided that they are no larger than 10 ft. x 10 ft., anchored according to City of Groveport specifications and set up in a designated area.
- The last 10-minutes of each hour are designated for adult swim/safety break. Adults may swim with their children (2 years & under). All others must clear the pool immediately.
LOCKER ROOMS / RESTROOMS
- Children 6 years of age or older must change in gender appropriate locker room.
- If you wish to utilize the Family Locker Room, you must see the Front Desk Attendant for a key.
- Food is NOT permitted in the locker rooms.
- The use of cameras, video cameras or any device containing camera equipment of any kind is prohibited in all locker rooms, restrooms & changing facilities.
- The City of Groveport assigns use of locker rooms, restrooms & changing facilities in its recreational settings strictly on the basis of anatomical or biological gender rather than on the basis of adopted gender.
AGE & HEALTH/SAFETY RESTRICTIONS
- Monitoring your child/children remains your responsibility even if a lifeguard is present.
- Children under 10 years of age MUST be accompanied by a responsible adult (18 or over) who intends to directly supervise them during the entire visit.
- Children under 5 years of age MUST have an adult (18 or over) within arms reach of them at all times.
- Organized groups (20 or more persons) must follow our Group Use Policies, must have at least one adult per every 5 children and must schedule their visits in advance. Adults in swim attire must directly supervise children poolside.
- Persons having a communicable disease, skin disease, open (unhealed) sore, inflamed eyes, cold, nasal or ear discharge, or who is wearing any type of bandage or band aid is NOT permitted in the water.
- Persons that are bleeding or experiencing diarrhea are NOT permitted in the water. Persons with diarrhea should wait two weeks after symptoms end before returning to the pool. Pathogens of concern may still be shed up to two weeks following the end of symptoms.
- All injuries must be reported to staff at the First Aid Station.
EQUIPMENT & TOYS
- Patrons may bring their own life vest for use at the facility. All life vests must be U.S. Coast Guard Approved. Because water wings, baby seat floaters, suits with built-in flotation devices, water noodles & kick boards provide a “false sense of security”, they are NOT permitted to be used or worn in the facility. Floating enhancement devices NEVER replace in-water adult supervision.
- The use of radios, MP3, tape or CD players are limited to personal listening devices with headphones/ear buds.
- Inflatable items, squirt gun, “hard balls”, snorkels & fins are NOT permitted.
- Sitting, hanging or playing on the ropes, lance lines and ladders is not permitted.
- Only Groveport Aquatic Center Staff are authorized to teach swimming lessons within our facilities. Private swimming lessons are NOT permitted during normal operation.
- Group as well as Private/Semi-Private Swim Lessons are available through the Parks & Recreation Department.
WEATHER / ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
- At times of cool or rainy weather or any condition considered unsafe, the Aquatic Center may be closed at the discretion of the Parks & Recreation Department.
- In the event of lightening or thunder, the pool & pool deck will be evacuated. The pool will re-open in 30 minutes provided that there has been no thunder or lightening in the area.
- During periods of cool weather, the facility will NOT open when the air temperature is below 70° F. If the temperature falls below 70° F, the pool may stay open at the discretion of the Department.
- RAIN CHECKS - In the event that the pool suspends operation or closes due to inclement weather, lightening in the area or water contamination and you have been at the facility for 60-minutes or less, our staff will issue you a RAIN CHECK to be used at a later date provided that you have kept your receipt which is dated and time stamped. It is your responsibility to keep your receipt. Please present your receipt to our front desk staff so we may assist you. NOTE: This policy only applies to daily fee patrons or patrons presenting daily pass cards, not seasonal pass holders.
PRACTICE HEALTHY SWIMMING HABITS
- Children (and adults) who have had diarrhea in the last two weeks should NOT go swimming.
- Use the restroom before getting into the pool. Take frequent bathroom breaks and check diapers often.
- Take advantage of the Adult Swim/Safety Break to use the restroom.
- Shower before entering the pool and using the toilet. Remember to clean all areas, including your bottom.
- Change diapers in the restroom (not on the pool deck or grassy area).
- Avoid swallowing pool water or even getting it in your mouth.
- Riders must be at least 48 inches tall and be able to swim unassisted to the ladder.
- Persons that are pregnant or have heart, neck or back trouble are advised NOT to ride on the slides
- Riders must keep arms inside the slide, cross arms at chest.
- Speed slide riders must lie down on their backs feet first. Sitting up is not permitted. Riders may not swing from cross bar.
- Upon entering the water, keep feet and legs up.
- Riders must follow directions given by dispatcher.
- Riders may only ride solo and feet first at all times.
- Riders may not run, dive, kneel, rotate, stop or form chains while on the slides.
- Eye glasses, jewelry, suits with zippers, t-shirts & life vests may not be worn.
- Riders must exit the slide landing area immediately.
- Riders that do not follow the posted rules may be removed from the facility.
- Persons must be at least 42 inches tall and be able to swim unassisted to the designated exit.
- One rider per single tube; (2) riders per double tube.
- Inner tubes must be used by all patrons at ALL times & patrons shall remain on/in their inner tube for the entire trip around the lazy river.
- Inner tubes may only be used in the lazy river.
- Do not stop in the current channel.
- Riders must follow all instructions given by aquatic staff.
- When the ride is completed, riders must place their inner tube on the pool desk in the designated area. – Thank you.
- Persons that are pregnant and persons with heart conditions or back trouble are advised NOT to use the diving boards.
- Eye glasses, t-shirts & life vests may not be worn.
- Diving is not permitted from the sides of the pool.
- Only one person at a time is permitted on the board and ladder.
- Divers must dive straight off of the diving board.
- Only one bounce per dive is permitted.
- Divers must wait until the person in from of him/her has reached the side of the pool before diving.
- Divers must swim directly over to the nearest ladder after diving.
- Swimming under the diving board or hanging from the board is not permitted.
- Generally speaking, lap swimming does NOT take place at the outdoor water park. When applicable, the roped off area is for continuous lap swimming. Additional specific rules will be posted.
- Swimmers must swim in a counter-clockwise circle direction and share lanes (when applicable).
- Swimmers may not sit on or swim under the lane markers.
- Stopping in the lanes is not permitted.
- Tots Sprayground is reserved for children 6 years of age and younger, along with their parents.
- Do not sit or climb on any structure.
- With the exception of water, food & drink may NOT be taken out of the concession area. Please dispose of your trash in the container.