PLEASE CALL (614) 836-2989 FOR FIELD CONDITIONS AND CANCELLATIONS.....
The Groveport Parks & Recreation Department will be introducing the growing sport of Pickleball at the Groveport Recreation Center.
WHO: All ages
WHAT: Pickleball is a fun game that is played on a badminton court with the net lowered to 34 inches at the center. It is played with a perforated plastic baseball (similar to a wiffle ball) and wood or composite paddles. The game can be played as singles (one person per side) or doubles (two people per side). It is easy for beginners to learn, and can develop into a quick, fast-paced, competitive game for experienced players.
If you are interested in playing or learning more about the sport of Pickleball, please complete a Pickleball Interest Form which are available at the Fitness Center Desk. Once our staff thinks that we have enough interest, we will purchase the necessary equipment and schedule some Pickleball demonstration times. Our goal is to initially schedule some drop-in time for Pickleball. Hopefully interest increase so that leagues & tournaments may eventually be offered.
MORE INFO: The United States Pickleball Association has an outstanding website that contains rules, videos, photos that will help you better understand the sport of Pickleball.
Adult Fall Softball Leagues
The Groveport Parks and Recreation Dept. is offering 4 Adult Softball Leagues for the 2014 Fall Season.
Monday- Men's Open
Tuesday- Men's Open
Wednesday- Co-Ed Recreational
Thursday- Co-Ed Recreational
All teams will play 10 games/5 double headers. Game is played one-pitch and are governed by ASA.
TEAM FEE: $275
REGISTRATION: Returning Teams- June 16
New Teams - July 14
DEADLINE: August 8, 2014
ADULT WINTER BASKETBALL LEAGUE
The Groveport Parks and Recreation Dept. is offering an adult basketball leagues for the 2014 Winter season. Registration is on a first come - first served basis. All games are played at the Groveport Recreation Center.
Sunday Afternoons Men's Open
Tentative Start Date: Sunday, December 7, 2014
- 12 team maximum
- 10 game regular season
- All teams advance to a single elimination tournament
- Registrations are accepted by mail, fax or walk-in to the Groveport Recreation Center
Registration: October 6 - November 30
Team Fee: $525
Adult Fall Pickleball League
Pickleball is a fun game played in the gymnasium of the Groveport Recreation Center. It is easy for beginners to learn and very addictive for the more experienced. We will provide the equipment, just bring yourself ready to play and have a great time!
- Participants are guaranteed 2 games, self scored for 8 weeks
- Games will be on Thursday evenings from 6:00 - 9:00 PM
- Games will be played as doubles
- Partners will be assigned and will change weekly
- Adults must be 18 and over to play
- All levels of play are encouraged and welcome to play
- August 28 is an open demonstration for all league participants. This is a great opportunity to learn the game and ask questions as a new participant.
Registration: July 14 - August 28 (Open play)
Player Fee: $40
Adult Fall Volleyball Leagues
Join us for a great season of volleyball. 2 Adult leagues are available at the Groveport Recreation Center.
Wednesdays- Co-Ed Competitive
Sundays- Co-Ed Recreational
- All players must be 18 or over
- Games are played at the Groveport Recreation Center
- All teams play 10 matches
- All teams are invited into an end of season, single elimination tournament
- T-shirts awarded to the champion
- Games will tentatively begin the week of September 22
Registration: July 21 - September 16, 2014
Team Fee: $250
Adult Winter Volleyball League
Start recruiting your players and get your team ready for the winter season. All players must be 18 or over by the start of the season. All games will be played at the Groveport Recreation Center.
Wednesdays- League tentatively begins January 14, 2015
- All teams will play a 10 game regular season.
- All teams are then seeded into a single elimination end of season tournament.
- Maximum of 12 teams - Registration is first come - first served
Registration: November 1, 2014 - January 7, 2015
Team Fee: $250
Groveport Tennis Academy
Registration: NOW - October 11
Little Tennis (Ages 3 1/2 - 6)
|506314-58||Mondays||Sept. 8 - Oct. 6||5-6pm|
|506314-59||Saturdays||Sept. 13- Oct. 11||9-10am|
Rip and Rally Tennis (Ages 7-9)
|506314-60||Mondays||Sept. 8 - Oct. 6||6-7pm|
|506314-61||Saturdays||Sept. 13 - Oct. 11||10-11am|
Future Stars (Ages10-12)
|506314-62||Tuesdays||Sept. 9 - Oct. 7||5pm-6:30pm|
Tennis 101 (Ages 13+)
|506314-57||Mondays||Sept. 8- Oct. 6||
Drill & Play (Teen and Adult players who can keep a consistant rally)
|506314-63||Saturdays||Sept. 13 - Oct. 11||11am - 12:30pm|
Junior USTA Team
|506314-64||12 Beginner||Tuesdays||Sept. 9 - Oct. 7||5-6:30pm|
|506314-65||12 Intermediate||Tuesdays||Sept. 9 - Oct. 7||6:30-8pm|
|506304-66||14 Intermediate||Tuesdays||Sept. 9 - Oct. 7||6:30-8pm|